He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, November 28, 2016

Feeling Inadequate

Christmas is right around the corner!  Thanksgiving has passed and now all the stores  will bring out their Christmas decorations and products in full force, although many had already started.  Music will fill the air no matter what mall you enter and television has all the cute specials on, and Christmas movies abound! 

When Jesus came into the world, he came in as a tiny infant. Who would have thought this tiny baby who was son, brother, uncle, woodworker, friend and student would become the Savior of the World?

I am a wife, mother, writer, student, and many other things to different people and usually confident in whatever “role” I am performing at the time.  While I am all these different things to all these people, I am also a Christian; a servant of God.  I am a servant who wants others to know about God’s love and salvation, but herein is my problem.

I feel horribly inadequate when I want to share my faith with someone. I feel unqualified to explain the details.  I know how I feel and why I feel the way I do, but trying to explain it unsettles me!  I’m afraid if I don’t quote it just right from the scripture verse, I’ll goof things up and completely confuse someone or just tell them wrong. 

How wrong I am when I feel that way!  The death of Jesus paved the way for my Salvation.  I now belong to Him.  As the Holy Spirit leads and directs I can know with absolute certainty, that what He really wants from me is to listen for His prompting; speak the words in my heart, even if they aren’t said the same way the Pastor or Bible scholar might say them!

My “job” is to be the person God made me.  I am to live my life so that others can see His Light!  Certainly as a child, there are those who wondered what made this boy, Jesus, so special.  He lived a perfect life!  He was set apart; different!  

It is the same with our lives.  We are set apart; different.  As we live our lives, conversation can be held with not only friends, but strangers.  As we share our “story,” of our love of Jesus through our lives and words, we are witnessing.

God promises that the Spirit of truth will guide me.  All God wants is for me to share my faith by telling how good he’s been to me, about his love for me, and that he died to save us.  Scriptures help, but I tend to make it more complicated than is necessary.  I need to rely on God’s Spirit to “guide me into all truth.”  When I do this, it will bring Jesus, God's son, glory.

So I challenge you to communicate your “story” to those around you!  It doesn’t necessarily mean “preach a sermon!”  Allow the Pastor that right!  Be yourself, share your testimony by simply sharing with someone else how Jesus changed your life and what He has done for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment