He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, November 20, 2017

Thanksgiving Blessings

         
         The news across the world is not only dappled in unpleasantness, it wreaks of it.  There are horror stories of shootings, weather related strife and political unrest. Yet here we are getting ready to celebrate another Thanksgiving Holiday.  So, we cook our meals, prepare lots of yummy desserts and invite friends and family to share a meal while we blot out all that is going on around us.

            So, this post is going to be a reminder—a tribute, if you will, that regardless of the many things “wrong” with our world, we can indeed look on the bright side and focus on what is “right” in our lives! Will it be balanced?  Only each reader can determine that, but I’d like to believe, regardless of the depth of despair we encounter, when we have God in our lives, we can (and must) be thankful!

            That said, first and foremost, I am thankful for God, the Giver of all things who created the universe and cares about each creation, large and small across the globe, and especially His creation of humanity.  He also offers mercy, grace and forgiveness, and as a human who is forever making mistakes, I have another reason to be thankful!

            My family is also at the top of my list.  When I consider the wealth of love I have through my husband, children and grandchildren, how can I not feel blessed?  We have a home, adequate food, clean water to drink, clothes to wear and shoes for our feet.  We have an education, enabling us to follow our dreams to become whatever it is we desire. We have the means of transportation to take us wherever we choose to travel.  And we have the comfort of pets who want nothing more than to be fed and loved.

            Along with my God and family I have friends that surround my life all across America--and even across the ocean.  I have several church families since we have the opportunity to travel.  Each of these special people embrace us even as weeks and sometimes months pass between visits.  This is the kind of friendship that lasts a lifetime, and for that I am extremely grateful!

            As Americans, we live in a country where freedoms are still protected, while every day we see history changing as technology continues to radicalize the way we think and see our ever changing world.  Additionally, I am grateful to the men and women across the centuries who have served in the military to protect those freedoms, even as there is the constant threat from those who want to see our country crushed.

            Additionally I am thankful for you!  I am grateful that each of you are willing to take a few moments of your very busy days, and read the thoughts I put on paper (or computer!).  And
I am delighted when someone takes the time to share their thoughts on a given blog. 

            So, I wonder if you would share one or more things for which you are grateful.  God is so good and even when we have bad days, weeks, months or even years, it’s so good to know He is in control.  For that I am also grateful!  So share your heart……and thank you!  Thank you for being YOU!
           


No comments:

Post a Comment