He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, September 12, 2022

I Am Made New

 

        I have, in several places throughout my home, a print out of “My Identity In Christ”  strategically placed and visible so I can readily see it.  There are nearly two dozen different scriptures which specifically outlines who I am.  The first, and perhaps my favorite is, “I am the daughter of a King.”  There is something profoundly comforting, yet exhilarating and inspiring in those words; imagine, a KING!    

As a human, I fail, sometimes miserably!  Knowing that God created a “new creature” in me, when I accepted His salvation is also reassuring.  When I think about this idea, however, it’s almost overwhelming to put in perspective, when I reflect on the very first verse in the God’s Word.  God created heaven and earth.  With a masterful hand, and imagination beyond anything anyone could possibly conceive, God was able to create this universe, create day and night, set the boundaries for the oceans and land masses, create the stars, sun and moon, the animals and even man.


Of all His creations, he chose to have a relationship with man---with me!  He has wanted, since time began, the unique bond and connection with the human race; to walk and talk, teach and listen, laugh and uplift, comfort and hold, and more than anything else, love.  What an extraordinary gift, that many people miss.


In our world of a “self-consuming nature,” God is put up on the shelf for only those moments when we feel like we “really need” Him.   Not only does this mindset rule a large section of the population world-wide, but our world has chosen to ignore him completely and push him out of nearly everything that’s decent!  Apathy rules, and worse, rejection of God entirely has become the “norm” rather than the unusual.  Our culture has become more and more perverted to the point of being unrecognizable in a “Christian” format!


What has happened to the acceptance of a God who made the universe?  If we can’t believe He did this, then how can we believe we can be made a new creation?  We can’t!  The Bible is the infallible Word of God.  We don’t have the option of believing part of it and rejecting those parts we don’t like!


Sitting on the fence about right and wrong, good and evil, worldly or godly, isn’t what God, the Creator wants.  He wants our hearts to believe in him totally and completely--- and we can do this when we are made new!  As a new creation, we have the strength, through Him, to bear up under the assault on our new found faith.  We have the ability to walk through the trials of life because of His sustaining guidance, power and love.


Knowing who I am, through the power of God, gives me the assurance I am capable of those things in life which seem impossible.  Not only are those “impossible things” possible, it’s possible with a confidence which can only be obtained through the power of the Great Creator.  What an amazing gift!  We are blessed!


Photo Credit: free pictures of the universe


No comments:

Post a Comment