He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, October 10, 2022

God Knows Me

 

  I’ve had five children: three daughters and two sons.  Although they share the same parents, they are all unique.  I’m closer to some than others, but even those I am closest to, have parts of them I know little or nothing about.  It’s kind of interesting as I consider they were all raised the same (they might refute that, depending on birth order, but at least similarly), yet each has their own interpretation of events that happened, or things they even remember.

I’d like to say I know my children well; and perhaps to a great degree I did when they were children; although they certainly left me perplexed more than once!  But as they became adults, each has their own way of thinking and interpreting life, belief system, likes and dislikes, dreams and desires, plans and specific ways of carrying out their plans.  There are days it seems I don’t know them at all.


What’s even more remarkable than this, is how God knows each of his children through and through.  There is nothing hidden from him.  He knows our thoughts, --even our secret ones, motives, successes and failures, deepest desires and perspectives  of what we believe is truth!  This idea absolutely blows my mind.  God knows me better than I know myself--as well as, every other person who calls him Lord and Savior!  


And beyond this, even while knowing all the “stuff” about me, I might not want to believe, God still loves me!  His mercy and goodness looks beyond what I can’t even see!  It is through faith I am able to come to Him and ask for mercy, because I know I’m not all “good!”  I’m human, and susceptible to great failure!


      I can't help but think about Abraham.  God used this man who had great faith,  faults and weaknesses, just like every other human.  But, like you and me, he was given gifts and talents and used them for God's glory.  His faith took him to a foreign land to be the father of many nations with descendants that would outnumber the stars.  He was tested, even to the point of being asked to sacrifice his only heir, Isaac.  Still Abraham had faith---faith that God would provide and God did!


The question becomes, ‘What will I do with this knowledge?’  I can come to Him daily to be fed the Bread of Life, trusting the ‘feeding’ God will give me.  It takes faith to believe, but God provides the faith when we trust his ability to do so, just the way Abraham believed.  


I encourage you to reach out, with both hands, to a God who loves you, regardless of gender, race, creed, social background, mistakes made, or any other possible hindrance.  God will welcome you, because he knows you much better than you know yourself, and loves you.  Grab on and get loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment