He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, March 19, 2012

Getting Lost Along the Way


My husband and I were driving through what looked like the middle of nowhere in a mid-western state and noticed my GPS system showed many roads on either side of the road we were traveling that were not only not visible, but not accessible from where we were!  It was just dusk and I could see we were approaching an overpass and at first thought it was another dry river bed.  While it wasn’t an interstate we passed over, it was a viable road for the locals.
            The GPS fascinates me because when a proper address is put in, it can usually take us precisely where we want to go.  There are times however, getting there, seems awkward and long with occasional suggested turns that aren’t even there.  It seems the GPS even gets “lost” along the way when road construction has taken place and it can’t identify the new road it finds us on.  I believe in our human experiences we all face times when we feel lost, without an option.  It can be a scary time unless we have a foundation from which to pull strength.  Do you see God as your strength when things go awry?

No comments:

Post a Comment