He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, March 26, 2012

Broken

Well, here I am on week four and I'm enjoying my time spent with you!  I will admit however, I am changing my format a little to make it a little more "friendly!"  I hope you'll comment and let me know what you think!

With all the unusual weather patterns going on, it makes you wonder what will be next.  We were wonderfully warm, especially for the early Spring season.  Now we're getting ready to approach April and we are quite chilly and windy.  Around us we have seen tornadoes, hail storms and other violent weather activity.  Earthquakes are one phenomenon I have never encountered....unless you consider the motor home in which we travel.

We moved from one town to another in our motor home recently.  Such movement on the road with bumps, turns and traffic cause it to deal with, in essence, a “mini-earthquake.” Often when I first open the bathroom cupboards, something falls out that’s been shifted from front to back or side to side.  I checked each one today to spare either Charles or I, a surprise attack bottle or container when we opened the door later without thinking. 

I was fixing Charles’ lunch today and he wanted to help so he pulled the milk out of the fridge and opened the cupboard door above me and a glass spilled out of the cupboard striking the sink, counter top and finally the floor and promptly splintered all over the place!  To make matters worse, it wasn’t just any glass, it was a special one, a gift.  There was nothing left to do but clean it up.

Sometimes our lives feel like that; all broken and sad.  Clean up for life issues can be a problem, however.    It is here I find comfort in knowing God is the best "caregiver" and "handy man" ever!  He's amazing at repairing broken hearts, lives and situations any human cannot!

I wonder, in reflection, what is most upsetting about breaking a glass, especially a special one? Are there times when we feel like we are the pieces, or our lives are representative of the glass splinters flying all over the place? Do situations like this make us question God’s perfect will in our life? Do we sometimes feel so “shattered” emotionally by circumstances we can’t even focus on God?


 
He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth.   Micah 5:4
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Margie, thank you for sharing. I’ve been that cabinet! Carrying around the weight of the world. Just put things in and close the door…I can take it! Things that I have no control over…things that aren’t even mine. And then life’s bumps and turns would make me feel like I just couldn't bear up under the weight, pride would always convince me “I could handle it”…then an unsuspecting family member or friend would do the simplest thing to open the cabinet door or maybe my grocery bag would break, just enough to push me over the edge. Just enough to make me feel broken. I think God uses things like broken glass and bags to get my attention and in my over reacting brokenness, He whispers, “I will carry your burdens”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how God can use small things to make big things happen! Thank you for responding! Have a good week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete