He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, June 11, 2012

Soaring Like the Eagle


           A friend of mine recently said, “Today is one of those days when I feel completely drained.  It seems nothing is going right and no matter what I say, it’s wrong. And what makes it worse, it seems to be a carryover from last night!”    Everyone probably has days like this occasionally but when it happens frequently we begin to wonder of our value or our worth.  We ask questions like, “Why do I even bother?”  Who cares what I have to say anyway?  What would happen if I just didn’t say anything about anything?”

I’ll admit to having days like that, although, thankfully not often. But isn’t it easy to just give up and get down in a pit of depression that hangs like an ugly, gray, heavy cloud above us? It taints everything we attempt to do.  The adage about attitude carrying your altitude has merit!  When my attitude is less than perky, then my circumstances tend to reflect that!  When I am happy, energetic and animated, it seems to carry over into conversations and into the work I am trying to accomplish.  This is a good thing!  Being happy is so much more fun than being sad or in a bad mood!

            It’s so good to know that God cares.  He knows our hearts, our hurts, our worth.  And we have the promise that if we hope in the Lord, we will be renewed.  That doesn’t mean necessarily, it will happen today (although one can pray for that!) but it will happen in God’s time and with his purpose.  There is joy and freedom in just knowing a time will come when we will be able to soar like an eagle.  Now there is freedom exemplified! With this knowledge, we can know better days are coming! 

            I pray your week is filled with such joy and energy that it leaves you surprised at the altitude your attitude took you!  
           
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment