He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, October 22, 2012

God of Creation




            Faith, like love, is one of those intangible words a person must identify with in order to understand.  There are those who believe our government is going to take care of them no matter what, and live their life on this premise.  Then others believe only in themselves as the keeper of their life and no one, except himself, has helped him reach the goals he has attained.

            The Christian faith is based on a strong belief in a God who created the universe and mankind; loved his creation so much that after the fall of man, sent his Son to die a cruel death on the cross for the sins of the world, rose again and thus provided the means of reconciliation. He provided also, another form of himself:  the Holy Spirit, who dwells within us, guiding us into Truth. 

            I am amazed every morning as I look out my window at the beauty of creation.  I completely love to listen to the birds welcome the morning in song, watch the squirrels chase each other through the trees, feel the warm sunshine on my face as I gaze at the beautiful blue sky, and this time of year enjoy the amazing Fall colors.  To believe this beauty just “happened” is more than my mind can fathom.  This was a created by the Master Artist!  Thousands of years ago, He spoke and it was so!

            There is only one God, yet, he is a Triune God: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  When God created man he said, “Let us create….”  (Gen 1:26).  God wants us to seek him.  He wants a relationship with us, just as he did Adam, before the fall. God the Father created us for his pleasure and service and provided the means for this relationship through his different attributes:  reconciliation through the Son: Jesus, and guidance through the Holy Spirit, who dwells within us.  

Knowing this makes my view of creation even more beautiful!  No, you can’t touch “faith” any more than you can touch “love.”  But the result is visible all around us.  I have a faith that believes God, The Master Artist, created this world we live in and the people, including me, that inhabit this amazing place.  It is changing daily as humans consistently ignore God, destroy and attempt to tear down the gift he has given us.  But still, I have hope because of my faith.  And because of my faith, I want to seek him.  I hope you do, as well!
 
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.  Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment