He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, January 27, 2014

Fed By The Raven



            I am awed by the work of the Father.  He works in us in ways that are beyond our comprehension.  A friend of mine, some time ago, shared that she’d been trying to work through a difficult problem.  She told me the inner battles and struggles she faced seemed to be tearing her apart.  She’d feel one way for a while and then she’d feel another.   She said she finally went to bed one night and asked God to give her a “pure heart.”  What a concept!  She said God answered her in a very real way.  She didn’t “hear” a human voice, but she knew in her heart the direction she needed to go and was able to follow through.  Some of the fears she harbored were inconsequential and she said she was able to smile knowing the path she was taking, and had a measure of peace, even though she still had many unanswered questions.

            I’d like to think it’s always that easy, although I doubt she’d tell you it was easy at all.  Sometimes we face trials that seem overwhelming, leaving us screaming with unanswered questions.  But when we bring our hearts to the Lord, ask for His guidance and expect it, then I would like to think, like my friend, we’ll get an answer.

            Sometimes we get so caught up in our day to day lives, we forget that ultimately we are not in control.  God has a plan.  He can see the whole picture.  We can only see our world through a very narrow tunnel.  We can’t know the why’s and the why not’s and often have trouble understanding the “right now’s!”  He has put us where we are so we can grow and learn and then when we are ready for the next “adventure” we can move on.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+doves+and+ravens
            We often fail to see our human struggles are ultimately what draw us to the arms of the Father.   He wants us to put our trust in Him, allow Him to guide us, and then teach us the lessons He wants us to learn.  But we have to be open to what the Lord can use to teach us those lessons and to nurture us if that is what we need.  He seems to have the uncanny knack to use the most unlikely sources and through the most unpredictable circumstances.   


https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+doves+and+ravens
            I thought it was interesting when during devotional time this week I actually came across where the Lord used Ravens, not Doves to see to the needs of Elijah.   (1 Kings 17)  This miracle demonstrates an unlikely source of bread but direct filling of a need.  I’d like to think God could use such unlikely circumstances in my own life.  But to have that happen, I would have to be first willing to trust that God could fill my need; second that he has the resources required and the unique ability to see the whole picture; thirdly that He loves me enough to fill my request with just the right answer and lastly; unpredictable enough to surprise me in the way He ultimately fills my need.  I believe with all my heart, God loves his children and wants only their happiness.  He wants nothing more than to fill our hearts greatest desires.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment