He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, June 16, 2014

God’s Got This



            This past week friends of mine had to endure distressing circumstances which threatened to overcome the family with fear and grief.  In another family, God called a loved one home.  Still another family deals with abusive behavior and another, myriad medical problems.  There are friends facing marital issues, and problems with children.  There are those who are having financial issues and wonder where their next meal is coming from.

            Does it ever strike you that our world is turned upside down?  I read today that the United States exists only as a fragile friend with Israel.  Another school had a shooting where a student and the assailant died.  Where does it stop?  There is so much pain in the world; it can be really hard to maintain a positive attitude.

            We find ourselves feeling like drops of water being hurled over a cliff with such intensity and in such magnitude that we get lost in the torrent.  With each movement the quickening pace causes the power and force to make us feel like we are headed into oblivion.  But God…. (I love that thought….  But God!).  But God knows where every single drop of water is headed.  A time comes when those little drops of water reach a resting place; where the water is calm and quiet. And, like the water, a time comes when my heart can let go and “let God” because I know God’s got this!   It is here I can smile.  

I can smile because despite the thrashing Satan tries to give me, there is reason for wonderment and delight.  Our thirteenth grand baby was born this week and during this next week grand baby number fourteen should make his arrival.  There is joy!  Not only can delight be found in the birth of new little ones, but in the world around us, even if we must look for it!  

            My spirit can soar because I have friends I hold close to my heart.  I can rejoice because the sun rose this morning which allows me another day to serve the God I love.  I can be glad that I can be productive and use the gifts God’s given me, even if it’s no more than a smile and sharing an encouraging word.  I can celebrate the life of Christ and His resurrection.  I am uplifted with good Gospel music and be excited about life even when Satan attacks everything that seems worthwhile in my life.  There is reason for joy.

            I am resigned to live the best I can in whatever situation I am in.  That said, sometimes when the worries, fears, sorrows, grief and ugliness of this world assail me, I know I must turn my eyes to the cross and place my knees on the ground and just know in my heart that, “God’s got this!”  

            It is my prayer this week, you too can look at life in the wonderment and joy of Christ’s creation.  We all face challenges.  Remember, if God can keep track of all those tiny droplets of water pitching over the cliff, then he certainly can follow you and all that goes on in your life.  Trust Him. Believe in His love for you.  Then you, too, can smile, and know, “God’s got this!”

No comments:

Post a Comment