He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, February 2, 2015

Who Is God?


Anyone ever ask you how you can serve a God you can’t see? This may be an odd approach to my blog, but it speaks my heart!

I begin at the beginning. 


God is the Alpha.  He is the first that is and was, and above all else.  
God is Benevolent.  He gave His Son so I may have life eternal.  
God is Caring.  He cares about all that happens in my life whether it be large or small.  
God is my Deliverer.  He delivered me from a world of sin.  
God is Eternal.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He will always be there for me no matter what my circumstance.  
God is Forgiving.  Only God is capable of forgiving my sins.  There is no other power available, only God.  
God is Good.  It doesn’t matter what I may be going through, God’s goodness prevails.  All evil will pass and it is with this knowledge, I can endure.  
God is Hope.  It was the birth of his Son, Jesus, who gives hope to the world for a better tomorrow!  
God is Immense!  His “bigness” is beyond the scope of man.  He knows each of his children individually right down to knowing the number of hair on their heads. 
God is Just!  God knows each of our circumstances and knows how to work things out for our good.  He is “fair” and will not give us more than we can bear, yet will discipline us should the need arise!  
God is Knowledgeable.  He is a God who knows everything; going beyond the scope of man who can only know what he thinks and occasionally man isn’t necessarily even sure of that!  
God is Loving.  He loved us so much he sent his Son to die on a cruel cross.  
God is Majestic.  He is the King of Kings and his Glory is beyond what a mind can imagine.  
God is Noble.  He possesses outstanding qualities way beyond what a man can envision.  
God is Omnipotent.   He has unlimited authority and influence over all men.  
God is Perfect in all things, with his Son and the Holy Spirit.  
God is Qualified.  Only he has the power and authority to forgive sin.  
God is Rest.  He says in his scripture if I’m tired to bring my burdens to him, and he will give me rest. 
God is the Good Shepherd.  God knows his “flock” by name and calls all those who know him to follow him.  
God is Triumphant and this is uniquely displayed in his Son, Jesus, who rose from the grave after three days.  
God is Understanding.  There is none other who can understand all the issues that I or any one else can have.  He understands even when we, who have the issues, do not.  
God is Victory.  God has victory over Satan every day and we who love him, follow him and know him, know one day we will reign with him.  
God is Worthy.  He is the only one worthy to be called the King of all heaven and earth.  
God is Xmas.  He gave his Son so we might celebrate the season of “Christmas.”  
God is Yearning.  He desires for every soul on earth to receive Him with a tenderness beyond what a man’s mind can encompass.  
God is the Zest of life.  It is he who enhances the enjoyment of life and gives it meaning.

            It would be easy to say our culture shapes our views of God.  That may have been the case a few generations ago.  I believe now, however, our society is consistently “watering down” the image of God by rejecting those things specifically in the Bible and those inferred, as being no longer important and necessary for living good lives. Further, behaviors are being accepted that the Bible condemns as wrong.  I’m not condemning the offenders, but the behavior. 

That being said, I will look to Him as the Master of my life and know it will not be long before His return and the Rapture of His children.  It is with this mindset I live my life.  It is my intent to live according to His Word, despite the culture around me that daily attempts to find ways to eliminate Him from our everyday lives.

So I challenge you to consider how you would tell someone you know God.  How would you answer?
 





No comments:

Post a Comment