He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, October 19, 2020

God Is Faithful

             


          My husband and I just made a return trip to the East, from South Dakota.  We have an older motor home, which several years ago, on the way out West, about an hour from our destination, konked out and we had to be towed.  There it sat for the next two years, while Charles fiddled with it and got it working again!

            This past Friday morning we headed back in that same motor home, towing my little car.  It was wonderful.  It ran fine, smoothly and gave us great traveling access to our own bed for sleeping, kitchen and meals.  Life was good!  

 

            Just before we reached the other side of South Dakota, the motor home stopped running.  Literally!  After a few moments, it started up again and we went the remaining mile to the next exit and re-fueled.  Again, it had issues, but it finally started and we were off!  The goal at this point, was to get to Sioux Falls and find an auto store for what Charles now thought might be wrong with it, given the code to his ‘auto tester’ he now carries.

 

            Without any problems, we made it to Sioux Falls, and the Auto Zone and got the part, but of course by now, it’s dark.  But we take off again and drive all the way to Waterloo, Iowa.  In the morning, after re-fueling we again, leave; the motor home purring like a kitten!  Then we reach the end of Route 380 getting ready to get on 80 East.  Just before we did (literally on the exit ramp) the rig again konks out! After a few moments, we again get going, until just before we enter the highway.   This time, the RV refused to start.  

 

            I had been praying about this, from the time the rig first gave us a warning it was going to be difficult.  God provided the means for us to go a bit farther toward our destination; without leaving us completely stranded.  As we sat on the shoulder of Route 80 I’m asking the Lord for another miracle, but also praying that He would send someone to help and give Charles the ability to fix whatever the problem is.  

 

            Recognizing he had the part that was likely giving us the issue (a crank shaft sensor- I know nothing more than that!  I am not auto literate!)  his biggest concern at this time, is being out on an Interstate, under the rig, with vehicles passing by (not all can or will get over as they near us) at 70 miles an hour!  

 

            Within moments an Iowa DOT truck pulled up behind us.  After having conversation with the driver, it was determined he would put out cones (forcing traffic over) so Charles could replace the part.  He commented on the fact that if this had to happen, this was the best place for it to occur, given the shoulder of Route 80 for many miles ahead!  So, true to Charles’ nature, under the rig he went and replaced the sensor, in less than fifteen minutes!  The Iowa DOT stayed with us until he finished, with lights flashing warning, to other drivers.

 

            When Charles came back into the cab of the RV, he turned the key and it started perfectly, and really was ‘purring like a contented kitten’ – much better than before!  Thanking the DOT for his help, we drove away and continued all the way back to Maryland!

 

            I share this story, because God is truly faithful.  As silly as it may sound, I became hugely emotional after all this happened.  God literally answered my prayers each time I asked.  Do my prayers always get answered in this fashion?  No, probably not, but God knows what I need and when I need it!  This was a clear demonstration of God’s provision for our lives and I am beyond grateful!  

 

            I serve a living God, and during this time of political tension, I know that God will be with me, regardless of what goes on around me.  And that gives me a peace which passes all understanding, and for that, I will praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment