He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, August 13, 2012

Sing With Gusto!


           Yesterday one of my little granddaughters was in a room by herself when suddenly we heard her singing a song with all the gusto she could muster.   It was precious because she was totally uninhibited by anyone or anything and just wanted to express her joy.  While her song was a combination of several songs she learned from Vacation Bible School and Christian radio, and didn’t have all the words right as we know them, she was singing with her heart. That’s what’s important.

           Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all could express ourselves without worrying about what someone else thinks?  It's certain we all won't all agree all the time but there is no need for anger and harsh words when we feel differently.  There are times, however, when it is necessary to take a stand.  In fact, I’ve learned recently that when you don’t take a stand for Jesus, aren’t you also denying him?  I was horrified at the thought, because it’s true, and I’m certain there have been times in my life when I didn’t say, “Whoa!  Wait a minute, ……!”

           Recently there has been much to do about the stand Chick Fil A  took regarding the traditional family union of one woman and one man.  I admire them for taking a stand on something that in our quickly deteriorating world, causes much contention.  There is joy in taking a stand when you know you can base your beliefs on the word of God.

        Just as my granddaughter expresses her joy without any reservation, we should be able to express our joy about our faith in a God who loves us.  We should be able, without hesitation or inhibition to say, “Hear me oh kings and rulers of this world!  I will sing to the Lord and give him praise” with great joy. 

"Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel.      Judges 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment