He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, July 30, 2012

Share Your Song!


       I have a friend whom I cherish.  But how I am loathe to spend time with her.  It seems whenever we chat she has the most negative disposition.  She finds fault with most every person she knows, but what’s more is she has no song of joy even about herself and her life.  Everything that seems bad in life is reflected through her.  She is sad and desolate most of the time.  When a person is so sad and filled with doom and gloom all the time, I find relationships can become very strained.
       On the other hand, I have many other friends who are almost always happy!  They are joyful and pleasant with good humor and mostly good things to say about their lives.  That doesn’t mean they don’t have bad days (who doesn’t?) or that bad things don’t happen to them.  But it’s how we handle the bad days and bad circumstances that come our way that define who we are.  Are we joyful and thankful for all we have or are we cranky and forever complaining that life just isn’t as it should be?
       While kind of person do you like to be around?  I was reminded by a friend the other day that joy is contagious!  People like to be around others who are joyful!  This is a fruit of the Spirit and don’t we all want fruits of the Spirit?
       Today’s scripture says if things are bad, then we need to pray about them, but if you are happy, then by all means let it show!  Sing the song that fills your mind! (Granted I do most of mine in my head, or hum, because it just doesn’t come out sounding the same from my voice as the sweet sound in my head!)  But the point is, a song is there!  Let others share your joy, your song! 
       We are in a world of great hurt and much worry and economic straits, but if the love of Jesus is in your heart, you have reason to sing……so sing!
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.  James 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment