He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Psalm 40:3a

Monday, July 2, 2012

Do My Best, Let Him Do The Rest


            Today is a beautiful, sunny, beach kind of day.  While I’m not at the beach, being outside in the sunshine does have its appeal (and that would be even greater if it weren’t so humid!)   But here I am at the computer pecking away! Being tired today isn’t an issue, it’s the controlled discipline of being where I am supposed to be and doing what I am supposed to do!  That isn’t always easy!

Then there are those days when its rainy, dreary and dark and tired comes easy!  I could curl up with a book and read and not think twice about it…except I always seem to have so very much to do here at the computer!  I have a list of projects I’d like to complete that is staggering!   Never mind the domestic duties that are screaming my name and yard work that keeps pleading for me to come work on it,  ---that book keeps enticing me to sit back, take the day off and read!    
          
            As much as I’d like to, there is something more important than either of these.  It is the writing I have committed to.  I have given my writing to the Lord, which means I have to give it all I’ve got and then let him do the rest.  But if I don’t do my part, how is he going to do anything with it?

            I was thinking just this morning, during prayer time, about the Parable of the Talents.  Each servant was given a certain amount of money and told to care for it.  One invested well and doubled his money, another invested and didn’t do bad, but one didn’t invest it at all but buried it and the master was horribly upset!  (Luke 19)  That’s kind of the way I feel about my writing.  God gave me a gift to work with and if I’m to be a good servant, then I should invest in it well!  After all, He really is coming back and I believe soon.  I will be judged by what I have done, just as the servants in the parable from Luke.

            Of course, sometimes even knowing I must write to be productive, there are days when I do become “tired.”  It’s hard to be patient when it takes so long to see a “return” of my work!  Getting a large project finished is only half the battle!  It can take up to a year and a half or two years to get a “finished” project completely finished to publication!  ….and that’s after I have found a publisher!  It comes back to me doing my part and then letting HIM do the rest!  For to honor God, means I can’t quit.  I must keep giving him my best and letting him to the rest by believing nothing is impossible with God!

You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.  James 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment